Sunday 17 October 2021

15mm Shivan Witches (Blue Moon)

 Apart from basing a few more armies (yes, I discovered another half-painted army from Micropanzer) I figure my 15mm phase has run its course.  This is my last "army in an hour" before I switch to more labour-intensive 28mm.

 
I also found some GZG drones which I'll add to my 'not Terminator' army from Rebel Minis. 

 

I don't actually have any Dark Eldar so this 40K barge will belong to the Sisterhood. It's more impressive in 15mm anyway.

 Ugh even in daylight my photography is a 2/10 - obviously photography is not a hobby or area of interest at all

Mantic & Deadzone  Anyway, I've finished assembling my Mantic Enforcers. I've also read through Deadzone 2E (even though I intend to make/play my own rules) and have been favourably impressed. It's certainly a quicker, cleaner, more logical game than Kill Team. Rather like Dreadball compared to the bloated, clunky Blood Bowl - I used to love Blood Bowl but man it's a gluggy mess - even nostalgia goggles and the - (for GW) - reasonable pricing can't get me back into it.  Sadly I don't have a square mat to playtest the Deadzone rules, as they seem quite interesting.

2 comments:

  1. What's the total number of 15's and vehicles you have now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably 15 platoons, each of 30+ infantry, support weapons, 3 transport (APC, etc) and 3 combat vehicles (mechs, jetbikes, tanks)

      They're astonishingly easy to paint; a base, a wash, a drybrush, some highlights - I can do a platoon, with vehicles, noticeably faster than 10 x 28mm.

      They're also still affordable-ish; I used to budget on a complete platoon being $50-75 tops. Given my predilection for using $1 Hot Wheels lately, it's probably cheaper now despite cost hikes since 2015.

      Delete