Saturday 1 August 2015

Clix Superheroes for Savage Worlds - with a Guest Star Painter

I hadn't really intended to post up these guys (after all, they hadn't even been rebased properly) but they come with an amusing story...

Here's my latest batch, laid out as I waited for the glue on the bases to dry...
BUT WAIT - what's on that orange frisbee in the background?

Let's zoom in closer...

A zebra, a gorilla, and three expertly based clix!  My 2-year-old daughter may not have had any PVA, but she has pretty precise sand-sprinkling skills...

This gave me a good chuckle for the morning. She obviously watches more carefully than I give her credit for. It's cute, as I didn't know she was doing it - I just came back and found the clix helpfully laid out on the frisbee, near the others...

Here's the villains.  Some were washed with inks by my new "assistant."

..and the heroes.  The prepainted clix tend to be "acceptable" i.e. tabletop standard for gaming and some of the sculpts are quite decent. They would make a great project for a talented painter/scratch builder.

Anyway, this post was a bit self-indulgent, but at least I spare you from the "yay, 400,000 hits" or New Years resolution posts..

In other news:
I've dragged out my 15mm sci fi collection at last, as I'm tempted by the promise of Rogue-Traderish space fantasy of Clash on the Fringe (no, it's not a 80s rock band or a trendy sort of haircut)

Expect me to finally do my long-promised Infinity the Game v3.0 review soon (it's sat in draft form for months as I got frustrated by the sheer depth/complexity of the special rules) as I gear up to get some games in at the local club (I have been fairly irregular with regards to actual playing time since child 1, but child 2 has made me crack... ....must... ...escape...  ....the house)

Dropzone Commander has been a ruleset I've liked for its combined-arms approach and integrated scenarios (even better - it's always "objective" based rather than deathmatch).  The "boutique" price is a bit offputting, but I keep eyeing the starter sets, and the local DzC player base is reasonably healthy. I'm bracing my wallet to make the plunge...

No comments:

Post a Comment