Monday 4 October 2021

15mm Sci Fi Dog Warriors/Vargyr

I think these are old CMG Protolene Khanate. Anywhoo, found them in a box covered in 8 years of dust, so time to apply some paint!

Bored with my 'çonventional camo' rebels I decided I wanted something brighter - so each role (recon, heavy weapons, etc) got a different colour armour suit with purple and yellowt the unifying theme.  (No reason, I just saw they were unused bottles when I did my annual 'çheck and throw out dodgy paints' session)


The mechs merely got a boring grey but I tend to use my mechs for 15mm and 6mm sci fi so I don't go nuts with identifying marks as they swap sides/armies quite regularly. Practicality > Style.

Space wolves get a space wolves paint scheme, amirite?

The yellow power armour at the back could probably have more detail added, but I tend to paint to the level that meets my allotted timeframe.

The joy of 15mm is this decent-size force took under two hours, allowing me time to squeeze in and paint a second force (photos pending).

5 comments:

  1. Very cool. Like the mechs in particular!
    I am feeling the pull back to 15mm SF of late also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't recognize the mecha. Who makes them?

    Nice army for so little time painting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mechs go with the Protolene Khanate. They used to be Critical Mass Games but I think their lines got sold to Ral Partha? Quick google:

      https://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/critical-mass-15mm-scifi-c-213/protolene-khanates-c-213_221/

      Yup. There used to be some huuuge doggie mechs (a infantry didn't come to their knees) but I don't see them

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the link. Pity.

      Delete
    3. http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=236700

      They're called Marrock and Fenrir walkers. This TMP link shows them to scale. Here's a better one that shows the awesomeness of massed 15mm.

      https://42ferrars.wordpress.com/category/critical-mass/

      Alone, 15mm minis are a bit meh. Combined with mecha and vehicles, they look epic.

      Delete